Saturday, August 09, 2008

Module 8 - Weekly Reflection

Being the last post for the course, I wish to thank our instructor, her assistant and all fellow students for a productive summer. We have become acquainted with so many tools and pedagogical recommendations that we can put into our Assessment Toolkits. I know it will take me time to work through all the tools that were introduced over the course of the summer however I do appreciate the reviews and evaluations that our class members have submitted. I have saved these reviews and I hope to use them as a starting point from which to further investigate their use in my online projects.

I also plan to keep Bloom's taxonomy in mind when designing all parts of my online courses. Course objectives and goals must be clear, concise and directly related to the course assessment tools. I also believe that the work of Bonk and Henri has made a believer in me as far as course discussion analyses. The facilitation of an online course is a delicate balance that should guide students to be responsible for their learning by creating inter independence among peers.

Our jigsaw project for the midterm was useful in many ways. It helped us form a collaborative relationship with a manageable group of fellow students. We shared strategies to complete the assignments as directed. We learned many aspects of many useful tools for our assessment toolkits.

I thank everyone who was able to give constructive criticism when necessary. I wish everyone the best in their future endeavors. I hope to work with many of the class in future courses.

1 comment:

Datta Kaur said...

Bonnie, thank you for completing this course with such excellence. Congratulations on applying the learning in such a meaningful way and I wish you the best in the future.

Datta Kaur